Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Abstract Unpublished manuscript, informally known as the Schrader report, on the geology of the Carson Sink region of Nevada (Churchill and Pershing Counties), prepared from field work undertaken between 1911-1921 by Frank C. Schrader.
Abstract The collection documents Davis' professional career through materials related to his research projects, articles and other writings, professional associations, field notes and research data, and professional correspondence. Topics in the professional papers include archaeological geology, volcanic ash studies, and Quaternary stratigraphy. Davis' personal life is represented by personal correspondence both to and from Davis and an interesting group of materials related to his involvement as a...
Abstract Correspondence and other business records detailing activities and members of the Society. The collection contains material from 1950-1975 created by the Eastern Nevada Geological Society.
A Brief Description of the Geology and Ore Deposits of Sod House and French Canyons, Cortez Mountains, Eureka County, Nevada
Abstract Report on copper and iron ore mining in Sod House Canyon and French Canyon, accompanied by a copper assay made at the Mexican Gold and Silver Company for Mr. Eichberg. The collection contains material from 1913 created by R. Z. Marold.
Overview Vincent Paul Gianella (1886-1983) was a professor in the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno from 1915-1925 and again from 1935-1952. The collection contains correspondence, field notes, subject files, geologic reports, printed materials, maps, photographs related to Gianella's research in Nevada geology and earthquakes, his work at the Mackay School of Mines, and to routes of John C. Fremont and other early explorers of Nevada.
Abstract Includes reports by Jones on geology of various mines; correspondence, field notes, and brochures related to his activities as a consultant; one letter from his daughter Dorothy; and a membership certificate.
Identifier: AC 0074
Abstract Edward R. Larson joined the geology faculty, University of Nevada, Reno, in 1949, and served as department chairman, 1952-1966. He was a graduate of Columbia University, and before coming to Nevada, was employed by the U.S. Geological Survey, Alaska Branch, and taught at the Missouri School of Mines. His primary fields of interest were stratigraphy and structural geology. This collection consists of general correspondence with other geologists and graduate students concerning geologic...
Abstract Research papers on Nevada, written in preparation of the publication by the same title. These papers included research which was rewritten or omitted from the published edition.
Identifier: NUB 47/08
Abstract The collection consists of publications from the Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology including Open-File Reports, Special Publications, Educational Series publications, maps, Field Studies Maps, statistical reports, and database printouts.
Identifier: AC 0566
Abstract Linda Newman was the Maps Librarian for the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries, overseeing the move of the Mines & Maps Library from Getchell Library into the DeLaMare Library in the 1990s. The Linda Newman Collection includes curricular material, maps, records for the Mines and Map Libraries, donor information, Mackay Centennial material, and U.S.G.S. material.
- Subject: Geology -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 9
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library 1
- Mackay School of Mines 2
- Copper Canyon Mining Company 1
- Cortez Oil Corporation 1
- Davis, Beth Ogden 1
- Davis, E. Mott 1
- Davis, Jonathan O. (Jonathan Ogden) 1
- Eastern Nevada Geological Society 1
- Frémont, John Charles 1
- Genoa-Comstock Mining Company 1
- Gianella, Vincent Paul 1
- Hilltop Nevada Mining Company 1
- Hy-Silver Mining Company 1
- Jack Taylor and Associates 1
- Jones, J. Claude 1
- Larson, E. R. (Edward Richard) 1
- Lugaski, Thomas Peter 1
- Marold, R. Z. 1
- Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology 1
- Nevada Rand Mines Company 1
- Newman, Linda P. 1
- Ogden family 1
- Russell, Israel C. (Israel Cook) 1
- Schrader, Frank C. (Frank Charles) 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S) 1
- Travertine Company 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration. Federal Writers' Project (Nev.) 1
- University of Nevada System. Desert Research Institute 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Library 1
- University of Texas at Austin. Anthropology Dept 1
- Writers' Program (Nev.) 1 ∧ less