Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Overview Included are minutes, correspondence, subject files, bylaws, stewards' reports, grievance files, union/casino collective bargaining documentation, subject files, financial records, and administrative records of the Reno Musicians' Federal Credit Union.
Dates: 1909-1984; Majority of material found within 1930-1984
Abstract Includes certificates, correspondence, memorial from his union, the Butcher workman (May 1955) with Cauble's obituary, and photos. The collection contains material from 1929-1955 created by Angus E. Cauble.
Abstract The Comstock Lode is a lode of silver ore located under the eastern slope of Mount Davidson, a peak in the Virginia Range in Virginia City, Nevada. Includes a paper from 1982 on the Comstock Lode in Virginia City and the development of labor unions for miners.
Abstract Interviews of Mr. William Glenn Emminger and Mrs. Tracy Hartsough Emminger by Willard F. Day include discussions on Rochester, Tonopah, and Unionville, Nevada; Jack (Andrew Jackson) Longstreet's anti-union activities and other stories; Rawhide Jack Davis; and on Mrs. Emminger's father, Louis C. Hartsough and his tales of General George A. Custer.
Dates: August 28, 1962
Abstract Erskine, in interviews with Richard D. Adkins, discusses architects and the regulation of the profession in Nevada, uniform building codes, the State Board of Architecture, his experience working with the United States government on housing projects at Stead Air Force Base, the effect of unionization of building trades on architecture, and creation of the Reno and Las Vegas chapters of the American Institute of Architects.
Abstract Letter from O.D. Gorman, club secretary, notifying union members that the "standard railroad organizations" and the American Federation of Labor were supporting Pittman for re-election to the Senate. The collection contains material from 1930 created by the Labor's Pittman Club.
Agreement between the mining superintendents and the Mechanics' Union, defining mechanical labor, its hours, and its wages
Abstract The Mechanics' Union was a mining labor union in Storey County, Nevada. Contains agreement made 1878 between the mining superintendents and the Mechanics' Union, defining mechanical labor, its hours, and its wages.
Abstract Agreement between the mine operators, Virginia City Miners' Union no. 46, and the Gold Hill Miners' Union no. 54 setting wages of miners at $5 per day during World War I (1918); and a letter from the mine operators to the unions rescinding the previous wage agreement, mentioning I. W. W. influence among agitators, and threatening to halt all mining if lower wages were not accepted (1919).
Abstract Collection contains a seminar paper which analyses the involvement of the United Mine Workers in the Goldfield (Nevada) miners' strike of 1906-1908, the union's part in organizing the International Workers of the World, and whether the principles supported by either organization reflected the aspirations of the workers they represented. Material created by Ann Harvey in 1983.
Abstract Miners' union in Gold Hill, Nevada. Includes constitution, bylaws, pledge, and names of initiated.
- Subject: Labor unions -- Nevada X
- AFL-CIO 2
- Gold Hill Miners' Union no. 54 (Gold Hill, Nev.) 2
- Industrial Workers of the World 2
- Nevada State Federation of Labor 2
- Virginia City Miners' Union no. 46 (Virginia City, Nev.) 2
- Western Federation of Miners 2
- Adkins, Richard D. 1
- American Federation of Musicians. Local No. 368 (Reno, Nev.) 1
- American Institute of Architects. Nevada Chapter 1
- Cauble, Angus E. 1
- Clinedinst, Lillie B. 1
- Custer, George A. (George Armstrong) 1
- Davis, Rawhide Jack 1
- Day, Willard F. (Willard Farnsworth) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Emminger, William Glenn 1
- Emminger, William Glenn, Mrs. 1
- Erskine and Hardin Architects 1
- Erskine, Graham, 1911- 1
- Ferris and Erskine 1
- Ferris, Lehman A. 1
- Gorman, O. D. 1
- Hartsough, Louis C. 1
- Harvey, Ann 1
- Hyde, Anne Farrar 1
- Labor's Pittman Club 1
- Longstreet, Andrew Jackson 1
- McCarran, Pat 1
- Mechanics' Union, Virginia City (Nev.) 1
- Mine Operators of Storey County 1
- Miners' Union of Gold Hill, Nev 1
- Miners' Unions of Storey and Lyon Counties (Nev.) 1
- Nevada 1
- Nevada. State Board of Architecture 1
- Petersen, Peter C. 1
- Pittman, Key 1
- Reno Musicians' Federal Credit Union 1
- Reno Musicians' Protective Union Local 368 1
- Reno Musicians' Union 1
- Silver City Miners' Union 1
- Virginia City Miners' Union 1
- Western Federation of Miners. Berlin Miners' Union No. 122 1 ∧ less