Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Overview Richard Hudson Bryan is an American attorney and politician who served as a United States Senator from Nevada from 1989-2001. A Democrat, Bryan served as the 25th Governor of Nevada from 1983-1989, and before that served as the state's attorney general and a member of the State Senate. The collection contains material covering Richard Bryan's campaign for and career in the U.S. Senate, 1989-2001, following his time as Nevada's governor. The bulk of the papers come from his second term in the...
Dates: 1971-2002; Majority of material found within 1989-2001
Overview Herman D. Budelman served in the Nevada State Senate from January 1943 to November 1952. Collection contains one campaign card for Budelman's re-election to the Nevada State Senate from Nye County.
Dates: circa 1948
Overview Thomas Arthur "Tom" Cooke was a prominent and well-respected lawyer in Reno. He married Martha Patricia "Patty" Herz, while in college at the University of Nevada in the early 1940s. The Cooke family was involved in a variety of environmental, recreational, and historic preservation projects and initiatives that sought to improve northern Nevada. Materials cover some aspects of the lives and careers of members of the Cooke and Herz families. Topics include Democratic politics in Nevada, Washoe...
Dates: 1855-2009; Majority of material found within 1940-2000
Overview Collected by the Special Collections Department, the collection contains a variety of miscellaneous political ephemera, flyers, etc. distributed by individuals running for city, county, and national seats in Nevada and at the national level.
Overview Gertrude Gottschalk was active in Nevada politics, especially during the 1960s, and served as a committeewoman for the Democratic National Convention. Collection contains materials created and collected by Gottschalk during the 1960s, including President John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson inauguration ephemera, Democratic National Committee information, a small amount of material from the Nevada State Democratic Conference, and information from Gottschalk's 1966 campaign for Nevada State...
Overview Materials created by Harry Reid during his time in office, from Lieutenant Governor of Nevada to Senate Majority and Minority leader. The collection contains material from 1970-2016 created by Harry Reid.
Dates: circa 1970-2016
Scope and Contents The records consists mainly of financial information from the treasurer but includes some board meetings, correspondence and a few newsletters.
Overview Paul Laxalt (1922-2018) was a politician from Nevada and the first Basque-American senator. The collection covers Laxalt's career as a U. S. Senator from Nevada from 1974 until his resignation effective January 3, 1987. Files are comprised of materials retained from offices in Carson City, Reno, Las Vegas, and Washington, D.C., as well as materials retained from Senator Laxalt's time as the chair for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaigns in 1976, 1980, and 1984 and includes correspondence,...
Abstract Materials cover the life and work of philanthropist, feminist, political activist, and one-time Nevada U. S. Senate candidate, Maya Miller from the years 1953-2003. The collection includes correspondence, speeches, campaign materials, news clips, agendas, bulletins, reports, and audio/visual resources with particular emphasis placed on Miller's position as Chairperson on the Board of Directors for the Las Vegas-based community development corporation, Operation Life.
Scope and Contents Contains minutes, financial records, membership, correspondence, individual club records, etc.
- Subject: Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century X
- Democratic Party (Nev.) 5
- Republican Party (Nev.) 4
- Nevada Federation of Republican Women 2
- Sawyer, Grant 2
- United States. Congress. Senate 2
- Bible, Alan, 1909-1988 1
- Budelman, Herman D. 1
- Bunker, Berkeley Lloyd, 1906- 1
- Cook family 1
- Cooke, Patricia Herz 1
- Cooke, Thomas A., 1941- 1
- Davis, Jackson Lee 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Douglas County Republican Women's Club 1
- Duncan, Ruby 1
- Gottschalk, Gertrude 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald) 1
- Lake Tahoe-Nevada Republican Women's Club 1
- Laxalt, Paul 1
- League of Women Voters (U.S.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Nevada 1
- McCarran, Pat, 1876-1954 1
- Miller, Kit 1
- Miller, Maya 1
- Moody, Lester 1
- National Welfare Rights Organization (U.S.) 1
- Nevada State Democratic Convention 1
- Operation Life (Organization : Nev.) 1
- Operation Nevada (Organization) 1
- Pearson, Drew, 1897-1969 1
- Pittman, Key, 1872-1940 1
- Pittman, Mimosa 1
- Pittman, Vail Montgomery, 1883-1964 1
- Reagan, Ronald 1
- Reid, Harry 1
- Reno/Sparks YWCA (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Richard H. Bryan 1
- Sparks Family 1
- Sparks, John 1
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency 1
- Truman, Harry S. 1
- United States. President (1981-1989 : Reagan) 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Library. Special Collections Department 1
- Washoe County (Nev.). Department of Parks and Recreation 1 ∧ less