Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: AC 0578
Abstract The collection includes Coffin and Keys correspondence, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and flyers. Of special interest are the recollections of Emeritus History Professor James W. Hulse concerning his experiences with Coffin and Keys as an undergraduate student.
Identifier: AC 0482
Abstract The collection consists of issues of "THE FIVE" newsletter, from Volume 1, Issue 1 (2009) - Volume 5, Issue 5 (2014).
Abstract Includes a deed for unspecified property conveyed from Lawrence Silver to John Hymers and John Robinson; tax receipt; business and fraternal order cards, and a call to a ceremonial session of the Shriners which includes a comic stock certificate in the Beautiful Dream Mining Company.
Identifier: AC 0550
Abstract The Order of the Sceptre Records consist of letters to a prospective initiate, the November 2009 "Apathy Is Dead" newsletter, a printout of the group's Nevada WIKI page, a printout of its Nevada WIKI page, and a screenshot of its Web homepage.
Abstract Includes correspondence and membership certificates from Cecil W. Creel of the Scottish Rite Temple of Reno; deeds for Paterson's property at Reno and Zephyr Cove, Nevada; an affidavit of the date of Paterson's birth; and school yearbooks from Verdi Elementary School, Nevada, where wife Verna Stumpf Paterson taught.
Abstract Principally, Nevada genealogical records compiled from western Nevada cemeteries, Bibles, family histories of Reno residents, and Episcopal churches in Reno, Virginia City, and Gold Hill.,Also included is a scrapbook of D.A.C. activities in Nevada; and one of photos, certificates, and fraternal memorabilia of Alfred and Augusta L. Nelson.
Abstract Minutes and charter provide details of the chapter's initial organization, activities, and membership.
Abstract Includes Robinson's membership certificate for the Kerak Temple of the Schriners of Reno, 1914 and certificate from the Shriners Hospitals for Crippled Children, San Francisco, in memory of Robinson
Abstract The collection includes correspondence to and from Taylor, her husband Chester C. Taylor, Ruth Torkelson, and James Edward Church; clippings, photos, awards, and notes; and correspondence, financial records and newsletters of some twenty civic organizations and the First Baptist Church of Reno, Nevada.
- Subject: Secret societies -- Nevada -- Reno X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 6
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 3
- Paterson, Verna Stumpf 2
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Kerak Temple (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Church, James Edward, Jr., 1869-1959 1
- Coffin and Keys (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Creel, Cecil Willis 1
- Daughters of the American Colonists (Nev.) 1
- First Baptist Church of Reno (Nev.) 1
- Garden Gate Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Hulse, James W. 1
- Hymers, Thomas Kerr 1
- Minerva Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nelson, Alfred 1
- Nelson, Augusta L. Johnson 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada Cancer Welfare, Incorporated (Reno) 1
- Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs (Reno) 1
- Order of Eastern Star (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Order of the Sceptre 1
- Paterson, Chester Arthur 1
- Phi Sigma Alpha. Nevada Gamma Chapter 1
- Reno Council of Church Women 1
- Robinson, John LaRue 1
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Gold Hill, Nev.) 1
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Taylor, Chester C. 1
- Taylor, Maude Sawin 1
- Torkelson, Ruth 1
- Trinity Episcopal Church (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Twentieth Century Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. THE FIVE 1
- Verdi Elementary School (Nev.) 1
- Women's Forum of Washoe County (Nev.) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association of Reno, Nevada 1 ∧ less