Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Abstract Robert A. Allen was born on May 16, 1886 in Pueblo, Colorado. He received his education there and also at the University of Nevada, Reno where he studied electrical engineering and graduated in 1915. He served as an assistant state engineer under J.G. Scrugham and was subsequently appointed by Governor Scrugham to the post of state engineer, 1923-1927. Following a period of private engineering practice in Carson City, Allen served as federal public works administrator from 1933 until 1935,...
Abstract Successful applications jointly filed by Mary and by John F. Clifford, (not her husband) to appropriate water on their land for their livestock.
Dates: February 17, 1917
Abstract Includes Shamberger's and other Nevada testimony on the Colorado River drainage area in Nevada and the Muddy and Virgin river drainage.,Also contains a partial outline of Rifkin's final report on allocation of Colorado River water to Nevada, California, and Arizona.
Overview Collection contains papers from the Federal Water Master's Office, Reno, Nevada, 1926-1982. Included are office operational records, correspondence; also water data, reports, maps and printed material relating to water in the Truckee and Carson River Basins, Nevada and California.
Abstract Includes lists of ditches in the Newlands Project area and their history, correspondence regarding irrigation of Freeman's ranch, location notices of ditches in Churchill County, copies of water claims in Churchill County, and a history of the Newlands Project.
Abstract Transcript of a speech by an unknown Nevada author analysing the history of water allocation in California and Nevada, the Reclamation Act of 1902 and changes it would make in Nevada state government, and possibilities available through Nevada's Newlands Project.
Dates: circa 1904
Abstract Report based on work in Elko County, Nevada, which investigated how much water was being used to raise good crops of grass hay near Lamoille, Lee, and in Star Valley near Deeth. The collection contains material from 1917 created by H.T. McQuiston.
Abstract Primarily, legal documents such as deeds and probate cases; and accounts of the earliest non-indigenous settlers in Nevada, specifically the Motts, Fettics, and Brockliss'. Miscellaneous materials include report card and diploma from Mottsville schools, newspaper clippings, genealogical worksheets, Nevada centennial programs, an autograph album, and scrapbook of 19th and 20th century advertising art. Created by Beatrice Fettic Jones from 1859-1964.
Overview Robert Leland (1912-1986) was a Nevada lawyer who worked closely with Washoe and Paiute Indigenous Peoples. Material in the collection is exclusively concerned with issues of Indigenous Peoples, mainly the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe. The collection includes correspondence, notes, reports, legal documents, printed material, tribal records, and maps relate to Pyramid Lake Paiute tribal concerns including water, economic development, and claims.
Abstract Francis Griffith Newlands was a U.S. Congressman and U.S Senator in Nevada. Collection contains papers, primarily correspondence about water resources and construction from 1891-1902.
- Subject: Water use -- Nevada X
- Newlands Project (U.S.) 4
- Orr Ditch and Water Company 2
- Sierra Club 2
- Truckee-Carson Irrigation District 2
- Allen, Robert A., 1885-1968 1
- Alpine Land and Reservoir Company 1
- Bell, Walter L., 1924- 1
- Brockliss family 1
- Burning Man (Festival) 1
- California. Department of Fish and Game 1
- Clifford, John F. 1
- Clifford, Mary V. 1
- Colorado River Commission 1
- Dangberg, H. F. 1
- Dukes, Claude, 1914-1984 1
- Dukes, Harry C. 1
- Dukes, Lynne 1
- Farquhar, Francis P. (Francis Peloubet), 1887-1974 1
- Federal Water Master Nevada 1
- Fettic family 1
- Freeman, John W. (Rancher) 1
- Griswold, Gordon, 1900- 1
- Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada 1
- Joint California-Nevada Interstate Compact Commission 1
- Jones, Beatrice Fettic, 1909- 1
- Leland, Robert (Nevada lawyer) 1
- Livermore, John Sealy 1
- Lynn, Susan 1
- McQuiston, H. T. 1
- Mott family 1
- National Congress of American Indians 1
- Nevada State Multiple Use Advisory Committee 1
- Nevada. Department of Fish and Game 1
- Nevada. Department of Wildlife 1
- Nevada. Washoe County. Commissioners 1
- Newlands, Francis G. (Francis Griffith), 1848-1917 1
- Public Resource Associates (Organization) 1
- Public Resource Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Task Force 1
- Shamberger, Hugh A. 1
- Sierra Club. Toiyabe Chapter 1
- Sierra Pacific Power Company 1
- Sill, Richard C. (Richard Clement), 1923-1981 1
- Truckee River General Electric Company 1
- Union Mill and Mining Company 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 1
- United States. Forest Service 1
- United States. Forest Service. Nevada Zone 1
- United States. Indian Claims Commission 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering 1
- Van Horne, Bea 1
- Washoe Project, Nevada-California 1 ∧ less