Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Abstract Collection contains handwritten notes, notebooks, legal documents, printed material, and 284 maps relating to water issues in Nevada and the West. There are no personal papers.
Abstract Successful applications jointly filed by Mary and by John F. Clifford, (not her husband) to appropriate water on their land for their livestock.
Abstract Includes Shamberger's and other Nevada testimony on the Colorado River drainage area in Nevada and the Muddy and Virgin river drainage.,Also contains a partial outline of Rifkin's final report on allocation of Colorado River water to Nevada, California, and Arizona.
Overview Collection contains papers from the Federal Water Master's Office, Reno, Nevada, 1926-1982. Included are office operational records, correspondence; also water data, reports, maps and printed material relating to water in the Truckee and Carson River Basins, Nevada and California.
Abstract Includes lists of ditches in the Newlands Project area and their history, correspondence regarding irrigation of Freeman's ranch, location notices of ditches in Churchill County, copies of water claims in Churchill County, and a history of the Newlands Project.
Abstract Transcript of a speech by an unknown Nevada author analysing the history of water allocation in California and Nevada, the Reclamation Act of 1902 and changes it would make in Nevada state government, and possibilities available through Nevada's Newlands Project.
Abstract Report based on work in Elko County, Nevada, which investigated how much water was being used to raise good crops of grass hay near Lamoille, Lee, and in Star Valley near Deeth.
Abstract Primarily, legal documents such as deeds and probate cases; and accounts of the earliest settlers in Nevada, specifically the Motts, Fettics, and Brockliss'.,Misc. materials include report card and diploma from Mottsville schools, newspaper clippings, genealogical worksheets, Nevada centennial programs, an autograph album, and scrapbook of 19th and 20th century advertising art.
Abstract Material in the collection is exclusively concerned with issues of American Indians, mainly the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe. Correspondence, notes, reports, legal documents, printed material, tribal records and maps relate to Pyramid Lake Paiute tribal concerns including water, economic development and Indian claims.
Abstract Papers, primarily correspondence.
- Subject: Water use -- Nevada X
- Newlands Project (U.S.) 4
- Orr Ditch and Water Company 2
- Sierra Club 2
- Truckee-Carson Irrigation District 2
- Allen, Robert A. (Robert A.) 1
- Alpine Land and Reservoir Company 1
- Bell, Walter L. 1
- Brockliss family 1
- Burning Man (Festival) 1
- Clifford, John F. 1
- Clifford, Mary V. 1
- Colorado River Commission 1
- Dangberg, H. F. 1
- Dukes, Claude 1
- Dukes, Harry C. 1
- Dukes, Lynne 1
- Farquhar, Francis P. (Francis Peloubet) 1
- Federal Water Master Nevada 1
- Fettic family 1
- Freeman, John W. ((Rancher)) 1
- Griswold, Gordon 1
- Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada 1
- Joint California-Nevada Interstate Compact Commission 1
- Jones, Beatrice Fettic 1
- Leland, Robert ((Nevada lawyer)) 1
- Livermore, John Sealy 1
- Lynn, Susan 1
- McQuiston, H. T. 1
- Mott family 1
- National Congress of American Indians 1
- Nevada State Multiple Use Advisory Committee 1
- Nevada. Department of Fish and Game 1
- Nevada. Washoe County. Commissioners 1
- Newlands, Francis G. (Francis Griffith), 1848-1917 1
- Public Resource Associates (Organization) 1
- Public Resource Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Task Force 1
- Shamberger, Hugh A. 1
- Sierra Club. Toiyabe Chapter 1
- Sierra Pacific Power Company 1
- Sill, Richard C. (Richard Clements) 1
- Truckee River General Electric Company 1
- Union Mill and Mining Company 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 1
- United States. Forest Service 1
- United States. Forest Service. Nevada Zone 1
- United States. Indian Claims Commission 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering 1
- Van Horne, Bea 1
- Washoe Project, Nevada-California 1 ∧ less