Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Identifier: AC 0197
Abstract The Associated Women Students (AWS) began in 1917 as the Woman's League, which was reorganized in 1921 and renamed. It was the official representative body for women students, and acted as the policy maker for them: instructing freshman women about university traditions, set dorm hours and punishments for infractions, established the Women's Night of Honor, the AWS Rose Garden, the child care facility, and sponsored fashion shows, scholarships, and lectures. The records consist of...
Identifier: AC 0297
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1910 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the requirements changed and the Club was open to women faculty and wives of men affiliated professionally with the university. In 1934, while on a student recruitment trip, university President, Walter E. Clark, and his wife, Euphemia Clark, were involved in a car accident. The Women's Faculty Club wrote poems and notes in an autograph book to Mrs. Clark, an active member and...
Abstract Betty Wood was the curator of the Bowers' Mansion. This history details how the project committee organized, raised funds for, and restored Bowers Mansion, a nineteenth century home in Washoe Valley, Nevada, built by Sandy and Eilley Bowers. Material from 1993.
Abstract The Bowers Mansion Association was organized in 1945 to purchase and restore Bowers Mansion in Washoe Valley, Nevada, once home of Sandy and Eilley Orrum Bowers. Minute book includes secretary's accounts of meetings, obituary notices of committee members, some correspondence, and financial reports. The minutes make note of gifts of furnishings, decisions made regarding decoration of rooms of the mansion, and maintenance requirements (1962-1978).
Identifier: AC 0392
Abstract Cap and Scroll, the University of Nevada, Reno's Women's Honor Society, began in 1922. The purpose of the quasi-secret organization is to recognize a student's college spirit as demonstrated through activities and scholarship. Membership is limited to senior women with high grade point averages who are leaders in campus activities. The 1924 Artemisia listed the organization as "Athenades". Cap and Scroll, the Women's Honor Society, began in 1923. The purpose of the organization is to recognize...
Abstract The Douglas County Republican Women was a club established in Minden, Nevada in 1960 as part of a statewide organization of Republican Women which promotes Republican ideals, candidates, and activities. Included are minutes of meetings; and scrapbooks containing newsletters, clippings, photographs, convention materials, and correspondence, all related to the Republican Party in Nevada (1960-1995).
Abstract Fraternal Order of Eagles is an international fraternal organization that was founded on February 6, 1898, in Seattle, Washington. Scrapbook includes newspaper clippings about the Yerington aerie and auxiliary's activities, programs, photographs, ribbon badges, and a few reports of other Nevada auxiliaries from 1960-1976.
Overview The Lions Clubs Auxiliary was organized in Reno, Nevada, in May 1957. The purpose of the Auxiliary was to better acquaint wives of Lions Clubs members with the work of the Club, to assist with community and civic projects, and to promote the conservation of eyesight. Included are minutes; bylaws; financial reports; budgets; newsletters (The Kittens Purr); correspondence; scrapbooks of clippings and photos; membership directories; clippings; and organizational materials of their fund raiser, the...
Abstract The purpose of the Lovelock (Nevada) Study Club, founded in 1938, was to provide educational programs for its members, usually through lecture series.Included are loose minutes and minute books, 1938-1973 and 1980-1995, which contain bylaws, photographs, and clippings; and programs listing monthly lecture topics, 1944-1972.
Abstract Delia Martínez was the chair of the Southern Nevada Women's Political Caucus in Las Vegas. Includes minutes, bylaws, notes of the Southern Nevada Women's Political Caucus, seminar materials, and a book with campaign tips for women candidates and their staffs from 1989-1991.
- Subject: Women -- Societies and clubs -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 13
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 11
- Bowers Mansion (Washoe Valley, Nev.) 2
- Clark, Euphemia 2
- Reno/Sparks YWCA (Reno, Nev.) 2
- University of Nevada, Reno 2
- Women's Faculty Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 2
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A 2
- Barrett, Mary Margaret 1
- Bowers Mansion Association 1
- Bowers Mansion Restoration Committee 1
- Bowers Mansion Restoration Group 1
- Bray, Mildred, 1892- 1
- Buckaroo Hall of Fame and Heritage Museum 1
- Clapp, Hannah Keziah, 1824-1908 1
- Cooke, Patricia Herz 1
- Davis, Nellie Verrill Mighels 1
- Douglas County Republican Women 1
- Fleming, Shirley 1
- Ford, Victoria 1
- Fraternal Order of Eagles. Auxiliary (Yerington, Nev.) 1
- Fraternal Order of Eagles. Yerington Aerie Number 1696 (Yerington, Nev.) 1
- Gamma Phi Beta. Alpha Gamma Chapter (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Garden Clubs of Reno and Sparks 1
- Gleason, Martha Fredericks, 1874- 1
- Herz, Marcella 1
- Hood, Betty 1
- Lions Club. Auxiliary (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Lovelock Study Club 1
- Martínez, Delia ((Political activist)) 1
- Means, Tosca 1
- Monday Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Myers, Mildred 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.). Nevada Chapter 1
- Newcomers (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Perennial Gardners 1
- Peterson, Edme 1
- Pyzel, Cynthia 1
- Raffetto, Bertha, 1885-1952 1
- Reed, Darlene 1
- Republican Party (Nev.) 1
- Sagens (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Shipley, Jeanne 1
- Smolley, Betty 1
- Soroptimist International of Carson City 1
- University Women's Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Associated Women Students 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Cap and Scroll 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Women's Resource Center 1
- Wolfpack Women's BoostHER Club 1
- Women for Winnemucca 1
- Women's Faculty Club (University of Nevada) 1
- Young Wives Club (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association (University of Nevada, Reno) 1 ∧ less