Education -- Nevada -- Reno
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Brown School was originally constructed in 1877 on land donated by the rancher Peleg Brown 11 miles south of Reno, Nevada. Collection contains an unpublished, bound history of Brown School from 1879-1989 compiled by Mary Wood Johnson.
Abstract Records, primarily of the Southside P.T.A., include minutes, bylaws, financial reports, material from the "Last Ditch" campaign to cover or fence open canals in Reno, materials from the Nevada Governor's Committee on the White House Conference on Education (1955), photos, and scrapbooks.,Also included are some materials from the United Parent-Teacher Association of Reno and the Nevada Federation of Womens' Clubs.