Carson City (Nev.) -- History
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Carson City Community Access Television began broadcasting in 1990 as a tool for free speech in an open democracy, with recording equipment available for public use. The collection contains 384 VHS cassette tapes that document Carson City Community Access Television (CAT) channel from 1985-2003. The tapes include programs, events, meetings, and other activities that took place in Carson City, Nevada.
Aaron D. Treadway was a Nevada businessman and farmer. Patent for 40 acres of school land in Ormsby County, Nevada, purchased by Treadway, 1868, and deed for purchase of adjacent property, 1873.
Husband and wife Henry "Harry" Rust (-1879) and Nellie Verrill Mighels (1844-1945) were from Norway, Maine. Harry became owner of the Carson (City) Daily Appeal in 1865. They married in 1866 after a lengthy courtship by mail. The collection primarily contains correspondence between Nellie and Henry before their marriage.
Nomination for the Carson City Civic Auditorium which was designed in 1938 by Lehman A. Ferris and built with funds from the Work Projects Administration (W.P.A.).
Willa Oldham Ramsden moved to Boulder City, Nevada, in 1957 where she and her husband, Clifton John Oldham, raised Appaloosa horses and where she began writing articles for local newspapers. In 1970, they relocated to Carson City where Willa became well known as a writer and community activist. The collection includes personal information, professional activity material, materials on horses, correspondence, articles, speeches, and copies of her two books on Carson City history.