Gold mines and mining -- Nevada
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Information packet distributed to guests at the mine's dedication includes history of the mine, details of the cyanide process for extracting gold, newspaper article, annual reports for Newmont, press releases, itinerary, and photos.
Dates: May 27, 1965
Abstract Materials related to the purchase, development, and operation by Fisher of the Bootstrap Mine in Elko County, Nevada, and its eventual sale to Newmont Mining Corporation. The collection contains material from 1955-1973 created by Marion S. Fisher.
Identifier: AC 0363
Overview The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. The collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.