Greek letter societies -- Nevada -- Reno
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
The Nevada chapter of Alpha Zeta, an honorary student agricultural fraternity, was established at the University of Nevada, Reno, on April 27, 1963. Scrapbook includes chapter guidebooks, photographs, news clippings, constitution and by-laws.
The Panhellenic Council (Panhellenic is of Greek origin and means "all Greek") began on the University of Nevada campus in the fall of 1916 and consist of representatives from the university sororities. Among the duties is governing rush and pledging, and coordinating sorority activities. The collection consists of two books of hand-written minutes covering the period of May 1917-February 1927, and September 1948-January 13, 1955.
Nevada chapter established May 4, 1912, at the University of Nevada (Reno), as a college and alumni society composed of all departments. Charter members were selected from department heads with rank of professor. The Collection includes induction proceedings, student record cards, minutes, bylaws, and general correspondence of Phi Kappa Phi, national honor society, Nevada chapter.
Organized at the University of Nevada as Links and Shield in 1921, the fraternity was installed as the Theta Chapter of Sigma Phi Sigma in 1922. The collection contains scrapbooks of newspaper clippings, newsletters, invitations, announcements, programs and other ephemera, photographs, and miscellaneous material related to the fraternity's activities and university social and athletic events.