Women -- Societies and clubs
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 16 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Records and scrapbooks from Renown Toastmistress Club, a women's club,between 1966-1984.
Abstract Originally named the Washoe County Women’s Club, the Republican Women’s Club of Reno was organized on October 17, 1949 by twelve women who felt the need to work together in the best interests of the Republican Party. Plans for a state federation were soon considered and delegates were nominated and elected to attend a meeting to discuss federation. In August 1950, state bylaws were approved and an organizational meeting was planned for a state federation which was officially formed on September...
Identifier: AC 0317
Overview SPURS (Sacrifice, Patriotism, Understanding, Responsibility, and Service) is a sophomore student service organization founded in Montana in 1922 and was originally for women only. The University of Nevada SPURS, formerly Pages, joined the national organization in 1963, and became a co-ed group in 1977/1978. During 1989/90, they disaffiliated themselves from the national SPURS and became a local campus organization, adopting the name Sabers. The collection consists primarily of scrapbooks,...
Overview Maude Sawin Taylor (1889-1974) was a teacher, organizer, civic leader, and author. The collection includes correspondence to and from Taylor, her husband Chester C. Taylor, Ruth Torkelson, and James Edward Church; newspaper clippings, photographs, awards, and notes; and correspondence, financial records and newsletters of some twenty civic organizations and the First Baptist Church of Reno, Nevada.
Abstract Twentieth Century Club was the first women's club in Reno, organized June, 1894. The club's purpose is to promote culture and general welfare; and diffuse historical, scientific, and useful knowledge and general education. Collection includes club yearbooks, programs, constitution and bylaws, club history, and club cook book.
Abstract The Phil Kearny Corps was a Virginia City, Nevada branch of Woman's Relief Corps, organized August 3, 1895. This women's auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic provided relief to veterans of the Civil War and their families; and raised funds for child welfare assistance, disaster relief, and a home for elderly members of W.R.C. Collection contains minute book with summary of the unit's activities and finances. Also included is a list of officers and convention ribbon badges.