Silver City (Nev.)
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
The Bullion and Exchange Bank of Carson City, Nevada was established in 1875 as the Carson City Savings Bank. THe collection includes two volumes of manuscript drafts written by the Bullion and Exchange Bank on the Anglo-California Bank of San Francisco, one volume of daily statements, one ledger, and 7 folders of invoices and correspondence dating from 1877-1931.
Articles of incorporation (1897) list purpose of the corporation and officers, and state location of business. Report by mining engineer William Irelan, Jr. (1907) describes the location and history of the mine, water and lumber supplies, milling facilities, mine development, and recommendations.
Two letters of the same date from French in Silver City to Mr. Ross describe his ownership of the Union Mill Company and its history; and his broken arm. The collection contains material from January 6, 1899 created by Greeley French.
Report by J. H. G. Wolf describes the general history and location of the mine, geology, other mines and claims in the vicinity, amount of ore previously mined, support facilities available, and summary.
These notes consist of an incomplete chain of title for a portion of Silver City, citing date and method by which parcels of land and mining claims changed ownership.
James P. Woodbury was a miner in Silver City, Nevada, an Ormsby County Commissioner, and a Nevada State Senator. Contains quitclaim transferring ownership of the Theodore Vincent home in Silver City, Nevada from Woodbury to Mrs. E. C. Hickey in 1919.
Preliminary report by Charles C. Derby outlines present condition of the mine and gives advice on possible location of ore bodies. The collection contains material from December 24, 1909 created by the Twin Silver City Mine.