Universities and colleges -- Nevada
Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
University of Nevada, Reno, Alumni Association Records
The University of Nevada Alumni Association was organized in 1894/95 and encourages the relationship between the university and its alumni to promote the welfare of the institution. The Association's activities include regional chapters, support for student activities, and alumni continuing education. The collection includes minutes and correspondence of the Alumni Council and Executive Committee, various alumni committees, homecoming programs and reunions.
Evalyn Titus Dearmin Papers
Evalyn Titus Dearmin graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1956. She worked at UNR in the College of Education on a federal grant project on ethnic heritage in the 1970s. Collection contains materials collected on native languages and culture as well as photographs of UNR in the 1950s.
Mary Sue Ferrell University Ephemera Collection
Mary Sue Ferrell graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1971 with a Bachelor's of Arts in History. Collection contains a Teenage Opportunity Program patch, a UNR Centennial lapel pin, and a blue UNR pin.
Charles Greenhaw Papers
Intercollegiate Athletics Moving Image Collection
Larry Struve Papers
Papers from Larry Struve's time as a member of the University of Nevada Alumni Association governing board from 1970-1980, including his year as president of the Association in 1973-1974 and the campaign to restore Morrill Hall, which was successfully completed in 1978.
Records of the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, Charles J. Armstrong
University of Nevada, Reno Campus Centennial Records
The University of Nevada, Reno Campus Centennial Records include copies of "The First Century" by Bob Blesse and James Hulse, correspondence, planning committee material, "Laying the Cornerstone" etchings by Nevada artist Roy Purcell, marketing material, a special supplement to the Reno-Gazette Journal, proclamations by Governor Richard Bryan and Mayor Peter Sferrazza, program brochures, and videotapes of the ceremony.
Stewart Hall Records
Steward Hall was the second building constructed on the University of Nevada campus in 1889. It was later demolished. in The Stewart Hall Records consist of a safety survey conducted in January 1958, and an article about the removal of the building's upper levels from September 1959. 2013 email from Alumna Patricia Sue Hamilton describes the evacuation of the building during a 1957 earthquake, which led to the removal of the building's upper levels in 1959.
Truckee Meadows Community College Records
Originally founded in 1969 by the Nevada State Legislature as part of the Community College Division as Western Nevada Community College, the Truckee Meadows Community College became the fourth independent community college in the Nevada System of Higher Education in 1979. The Dandini Campus serves as the central hub for the college. The collection contains limited administrative materials related to TMCC from the 1980s.