Found in 27 Collections and/or Records:
The Carson and Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company was organized in 1873 with Duane L. Bliss as president and general manger and H. M. Yerington, D. O. Mills and J. A. Rigby as stockholders. It was probably the largest and most extensive lumber operation serving the mines of the Comstock. Collection includes correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, lumber statistics and maps from 1858-1946.
The Comstock Lode is a region on the eastern slope of Mt. Davidson in the Virginia Range of western Nevada. The area produced one of the largest silver lodes ever discovered. The map of Comstock Lode Extending Down Gold Canon was drawn by G. T. Brown, the San Francisco-based lithographer, and depicts Comstock Lode mine claims, locations of mills, and mining works in color.
Collection contains papers from the Federal Water Master's Office, Reno, Nevada, 1926-1982. Included are office operational records, correspondence; also water data, reports, maps and printed material relating to water in the Truckee and Carson River Basins, Nevada and California.
The Eureka Consolidated Mining Company was an underground, hard rock mining company operating about two miles from Eureka, Nevada on Ruby Hill. The collection includes mining reports, correspondence, maps, and technical drawings which documents structures, head frames, underground facilities, mining equipment, and the Ruby Hill Water Company. One group of records relates to a 1950s proposal to bring a nuclear power plant to Eureka.
The Eureka and Palisade Railroad Company was formed in 1873 to serve the mines in the Eureka Mining District in central Nevada. The collection consists of the records of the Eureka and Palisade Railroad Company, 1873-1902; the Eureka and Palisade Railway Company, 1901-1911; and the Eureka-Nevada Railway Company, 1912-1945. Collection includes articles of association, minutes of meetings, correspondence, legal documents, financial accounts, operational records, maps, and printed material.
Vincent Paul Gianella (1886-1983) was a professor in the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno from 1915-1925 and again from 1935-1952. The collection contains correspondence, field notes, subject files, geologic reports, printed materials, maps, photographs related to Gianella's research in Nevada geology and earthquakes, his work at the Mackay School of Mines, and to routes of John C. Fremont and other early explorers of Nevada.