Mills and mill-work -- Nevada -- Comstock Lode Region
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview Located on the Carson River, the Woodworth Mill was built in 1864 and, by 1869, contained 24 stamps, 12 pans, and had a capacity of 40 tons per day. In 1871, James G. Fair and John W. Mackay of the Pacific Mill and Mining Company purchased the mill. The Woodworth Sluice was one of the longest sluices ever built. Collection contains employee payment slips for August and September 1874 for work on company flumes and sluices signed by W. H. Armstrong.
Dates: 1874 August-September