Carson River (Nev.) -- Water rights
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Decree in water rights case involving the use of the waters of the West Fork of the Carson River. The collection contains material from November 27, 1905 created by the United States Circuit Court (9th Circuit), Northern District of California.
Overview Collection contains papers from the Federal Water Master's Office, Reno, Nevada, 1926-1982. Included are office operational records, correspondence; also water data, reports, maps and printed material relating to water in the Truckee and Carson River Basins, Nevada and California.
Abstract The Eureka ditch supplied both the Comstock Mill and the Mining Company in Gold Hill. Collection contains statement of ownership and claim of the Comstock Mill and Mining Company to a ditch and to the use of a certain amount of water from the Carson River.
Abstract In Union Mill and Mining Company vs. H. F. Danberg, et al. case 520, the plaintiff sued to stop the defendants from diverting water, needed to power the company's mills, for agriculture from the Carson River in Nevada. Included are the complaints, testimonies of witnesses for plaintiff and defendants, documentary evidence, indexes of ditches involved, defendant's abstracts of title, and judgement. Created by the United States Circuit Court (9th Circuit) between 1889-1897.
Overview Ludowig (Louis) Edmund Wedertz (1824-1881) operated a stage station at Sulpher Springs on the Carson-Aurora road from about 1862-1866 when he moved his family to Aurora for two years. By 1874 they were living in Sulpher Springs again where Clarence R. and Frank Lewis were born. In 1881, Wedertz opened a store in Bridgeport, California, which his widow Niklamine ran after his death in December 1881. The family continued to live in Bridgeport and Smith Valley. The collection primarily contains...