Account books

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms

Found in 43 Collections and/or Records:

Brown & Tassell Boots & Shoes Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2013-35
Abstract

The Brown & Tassell Boots & Shoes Company was owned by Conrad Brown and John Tassell and was located at 565 C Street, Virginia City, Nevada. The collection contains nine ledgers from the company documenting business transactions from 1872-1883.

Dates: 1872-1883

California-Nevada Creamery Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: 89-51
Abstract

Includes bylaws, certificate of incorporation, minutes, correspondence, monthly reports, financial ledgers, payroll accounts, leases, and agreements. Individual creamery records include milk delivery records financial series also provided business expenses by name of creamery.

Dates: 1891-1905

Carnelian Bay Water Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: 86-01
Abstract

The Carnelian Bay Water Company was a public utility company located in Placer County, California at Lake Tahoe. The purpose of the comapny was to supply and distribute water in the Lake Tahoe area. The collection includes articles of incorporation, minutes of meetings, financial accounts, correspondence, stock ledger, and membership lists collected between 1929-1978.

Dates: 1929-1978

Carson and Colorado Railroad Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC71
Abstract

The Carson and Colorado Railroad was incorporated in May 1880 to service the growing Mining Companies of the west Central Nevada and nearby California. Collection contains organizational papers, correspondence, land related documents, financial statements between 1880-1916. Bound volumes include accounts, waybills, freight and tonnage records and train registers.

Dates: 1880-1916

Carson and Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC72
Abstract

The Carson and Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company was organized in 1873 with Duane L. Bliss as president and general manger and H. M. Yerington, D. O. Mills and J. A. Rigby as stockholders. It was probably the largest and most extensive lumber operation serving the mines of the Comstock. Collection includes correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, lumber statistics and maps from 1858-1946.

Dates: 1858-1946

Consolidated Virginia Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC99
Abstract The Consolidated Virginia Mining Company (Con Virginia) in Virginia City, Nevada, was once the richest source of ore in the Comstock Lode. Mine operation records including reports, assay reports, ore and bullion statements, mill records, annual reports, bylaws, equipment specification books, legal records, resolutions, and account registers. Also included are records of the adjacent California Mining Company, the Consolidated California and Virginia Mining Company, and the C & C Shaft...
Dates: 1859-1935

Dangberg Family Business Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2006-01
Abstract

H. F. Dangberg was a German-American who settled in northern Nevada in the mid-19th century. He, along with various family members, are responsible for several ranches and business enterprises in the region. Collection contains records of the Dangberg Ranch and associated businesses from the 1854-1954.

Dates: 1854-1954

Financial journal of Charles Elliot

 Collection
Identifier: 92-06
Abstract

Dr. Elliot was a music teacher and mining investor who lived in San Francisco, California. Financial record book lists mining stock transactions, purchases, income and memorandum of music lessons between February 1868-May 1869.

Dates: February 1868-May 1869

Eureka and California Lumber Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: 95-17
Abstract

The Eureka and California Lumber Company was a lumber dealer in Eureka, Nevada later known as the J. H. Hoegh Lumber Company. The collection contains invoices and two accounting ledgers.

Dates: 1876-1893

University of Nevada Financial Records

 Collection
Identifier: AC 0219
Abstract The University was constitutionally established as a land-grant institution in 1864, opened in Elko in 1874, and was relocated to Reno in 1885. As a land-grant school it was to teach agriculture and the mechanic arts to receive federal funds. The collection primarily consists of ledgers and journals, recording the debits, credits, and money transactions of the University, and provide information on faculty and staff salaries, disbursement for supplies, labor and equipment, student fees and...
Dates: 1879-1911