Women -- Nevada -- Reno
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Lynn S. Atcheson was Vice President of Marketing Communications of Washoe Health System and active in many Reno civic organizations. Contains a biographical sketch of Atcheson, a clipping about Atcheson, and a video tape about her as presented at a Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame dinner from 1995.
Overview The Committee to Aid Abused Women (CAAW) was organized in Reno, Nevada, by Joni Kaiser in 1978. CAAW is a non-profit corporation dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence. It serves the Reno-Sparks area of northern Nevada. Included are minutes of board meetings, annual reports, newsletters, and extensive clippings related to domestic violence and the Committee to Aid Abused Women (1972-1996).
Overview The Lions Clubs Auxiliary was organized in Reno, Nevada, in May 1957. The purpose of the Auxiliary was to better acquaint wives of Lions Clubs members with the work of the Club, to assist with community and civic projects, and to promote the conservation of eyesight. Included are minutes; bylaws; financial reports; budgets; newsletters (The Kittens Purr); correspondence; scrapbooks of clippings and photos; membership directories; clippings; and organizational materials of their fund raiser, the...
Overview The Monday Club is the oldest women's club in Nevada, starting in 1911 in Reno, limited to 24 members. Its purpose is for the betterment of its members, exposing them to information on a wide array of program topics. The club meets every other week for an informative program presented both by its members as well as by outside speakers. The collection consists of the club's meeting minutes, bylaws, membership information, programs, and financial records. Included is a scrapbook of biographical...
Identifier: AC 0257
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1906 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. When Euphemia Clark, wife of university president Walter E. Clark, became president in 1918, she successfully proposed changing the requirements and opened the club to women faculty and to wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. A section of the club, the Newcomers, welcomed new faculty. The collection consist of three scrapbooks covering the activities of the...
Abstract The Women's Resource Center was organized in 1977 under the auspices of the Reno/Sparks YWCA as a place where women could meet and have access to materials on housing, child care, regulatory information on job discrimination, consumer credit, and other women's concerns. Includes records of the Women's Resource Center's first director, Jo Powell: correspondence, reports, minutes of advisory board, financial material, and grant application (1977-1980).
Identifier: AC 0383
Overview On January 16, 1997, under the auspices of the Nevada Women's History Project, twenty five women who attended the University during World War II and immediately after, 1939-1950, met and recalled the impact of the war on school and on their lives. The collection contains a video recording of the women speaking about her personal experiences, including dating, classes, rationing, housing, and war-related activities.