Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
The Carson and Colorado Railroad was incorporated in May 1880 to service the growing Mining Companies of the west Central Nevada and nearby California. Collection contains organizational papers, correspondence, land related documents, financial statements between 1880-1916. Bound volumes include accounts, waybills, freight and tonnage records and train registers.
The Pamlico Mine was located in the Pamlico Mining District, situated in the western Garfield Hills, ten miles southeast of Hawthorne, Nevada. The Pamlico Mining Company operated from Hawthorne, Nevada with John Forbes as president, H. M. Yerington, treasurer, and S. A. Knopp, mine superintendent. The district yielded nearly a million dollars-worth of gold between 1885 and 1900. Collection contains correspondence, financial statements and accounts.
The Southern Development Company of Nevada was incorporated on October 6, 1881. Among the stated purposes of the company were to buy and sell land, build and operate toll roads, locate and hold water rights and privileges in order to construct waterways and systems, and to acquire lands for timbering. Collection contains correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, township plats and maps between 1880-1957.