Land titles -- Nevada
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
The Carson and Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company was organized in 1873 with Duane L. Bliss as president and general manger and H. M. Yerington, D. O. Mills and J. A. Rigby as stockholders. It was probably the largest and most extensive lumber operation serving the mines of the Comstock. Collection includes correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, lumber statistics and maps from 1858-1946.
Originally emigrants from Ireland, the Kelly family settled in Nevada around 1867. By the turn of the 20th century, family members had relocated to California and Montana. Collection includes letters to and from Kelly family members, a certificate of citizenship for October 12, 1868 for P. N. Kelly, and business and legal documents.
James Easton was a superintendent of the Carson Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company. Certificate from Nevada governor C. C. Stevenson granting Easton land in Nevada township 14N, range 19E, in 1887.
The Southern Development Company of Nevada was incorporated on October 6, 1881. Among the stated purposes of the company were to buy and sell land, build and operate toll roads, locate and hold water rights and privileges in order to construct waterways and systems, and to acquire lands for timbering. Collection contains correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, township plats and maps between 1880-1957.