Lumber trade -- California
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
The Bodie Wood and Lumber Company was organized by H. M. Yerington, J. W. Haynie and others to acquire timber lands and water rights in Mono County, California, just south of Mono Lake. The collection include correspondence, financial accounts, and land related material.
The Carson and Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company was organized in 1873 with Duane L. Bliss as president and general manger and H. M. Yerington, D. O. Mills and J. A. Rigby as stockholders. It was probably the largest and most extensive lumber operation serving the mines of the Comstock. Collection includes correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, lumber statistics and maps from 1858-1946.
The Markleeville Flume Company was incorporated in Nevada in 1873, with J. R. Johnson, George Spratt, and H. M. Yerington as trustees and Yerington also serving as president. The company was engaged in cutting and fluming wood on land in Alpine County, California. Collection includes company papers, correspondence, deeds and financial accounts between 1872-1875.
The Pacific Wood, Lumber and Flume Company was incorporated in January 1875 for the purpose of cutting timber and manufacturing lumber as well as developing flumes in northern Nevada. The collection contains records of operation, including titles of real estate and water rights, correspondence between trustees, a time book, account ledgers, articles of incorporation, and agreements with other companies.
The Truckee Lumber Company was headquartered in Truckee, California. Receipts for materials sold by the Truckee Lumber Company, Sierra Nevada Lumber Association, and Richardson Brothers Lumber Company. Material between 1875-1917.
The Southern Development Company of Nevada was incorporated on October 6, 1881. Among the stated purposes of the company were to buy and sell land, build and operate toll roads, locate and hold water rights and privileges in order to construct waterways and systems, and to acquire lands for timbering. Collection contains correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, township plats and maps between 1880-1957.