Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Tonopah
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Southwestern Nevada Mines Company was a mining operation in Nye County, Nevada. These articles of incorporation define the purposes of the corporation, identify its principal offices, and list members of the board of directors, who included Charles E. Morris and Malcolm L. Macdonald. Also included is a balance sheet, 1906-1908.
Includes the seventh annual report to stockholders, 1909; mineral patent, 1908; and certificate of incorporation, 1914, for the MacNamara Mining and Milling Company. The report lists directors and officers, production figures, mining and development costs, underground developments, receipts, and disbursements. The MacNamara Mining and Milling Company was a mining company in Tonopah, Nevada.
The Monarch Pittsburgh Mining Company was incorporated in Nevada in 1913 and succeeded the Monarch Pittsburgh Extension Mining Company, located near Tonopah, Nevada. While work began around 1903 or 1904 on shafts, only small quantities of ore were developed from additional explorations which appeared in 1913 continuing until about 1927. Ledger lists expenses which date from January 1926 to October 1932.
The Slavin-Reed Family papers include genealogical notes, oral histories, and other documents about the 19th and 20th century history of the Slavin and Reed families and those families connected by marriage. The bulk of the collection appears to have passed through the hands of Lucille Slavin Clark, and builds on the recorded memories of her grandmother, Maude Rose Hanley Reed Bruno (1882-1965).
The Tonopah Exploration Company Mine is in White Pine, Nevada. This collection includes bylaws from 1909 which delineate responsibilities of officers, stockholders and executive committee, as well as governing regulations for conducting business. One of the directors was Key Pittman.
The Tonopah Gold Mountain Mining Company was incorporated on July 18, 1902, under the laws of Arizona. Offices were located in Tonopah, Nevada. The collection contains three stock certificates from 1906 and 1909.