Lumber trade -- Nevada
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
The Carson and Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company was organized in 1873 with Duane L. Bliss as president and general manger and H. M. Yerington, D. O. Mills and J. A. Rigby as stockholders. It was probably the largest and most extensive lumber operation serving the mines of the Comstock. Collection includes correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, lumber statistics and maps from 1858-1946.
The Pacific Wood, Lumber and Flume Company was incorporated in January 1875 for the purpose of cutting timber and manufacturing lumber as well as developing flumes in northern Nevada. The collection contains records of operation, including titles of real estate and water rights, correspondence between trustees, a time book, account ledgers, articles of incorporation, and agreements with other companies.
The Southern Development Company of Nevada was incorporated on October 6, 1881. Among the stated purposes of the company were to buy and sell land, build and operate toll roads, locate and hold water rights and privileges in order to construct waterways and systems, and to acquire lands for timbering. Collection contains correspondence, company papers, land related documents, financial accounts, township plats and maps between 1880-1957.
Yerington and Company was owned by Henry Marvin Yerington and John W. Haynie who operated a flume and sawmill at Ash Canyon near Carson City, Nevada. The collection includes ledgers, financial accounts, payrolls, wood and flume agreements, and maps of the Carson Water Company property.